Slow art day
The Little Prince
by Mercedes, 1996
What are your first impressions of this artwork?
How many figures do you see?
How are they related and what brought them together?
What are they about to do next?
Activity—What’s The Story
- Find a partner, either in your home or a remote location. This activity can be completed using paper and pencil or online by using email or a Google Doc.
- Each partner starts their own story. You have five minutes to write the beginning of a story related to this artwork.
- When the time is up, switch stories with your partner. You have five minutes to write the middle of a story related to this artwork.
- Finally, give the story back to your partner. You have five minutes to write the end of the story related to this artwork.
- Take turns reading the completed stories out loud. Make sure to add feeling behind each word or phrase. It’s Slow Art Day after all!
- Give your story a title and share it on social media using #slowartdayOMA and tag @oceansidemuseum. Click here to email it to OMA.