TEENY TINY SUBMISSIONS AND TEENY TINY ART MART 2024
OMA’s fourth Teeny Tiny Art Mart is on!
Join the Teeny Tiny creation craze and create your very own miniature masterpiece for a great cause. All donated artwork will be for sale at the Teeny Tiny Art Mart with 100% of the proceeds helping to support OMA’s education initiatives, providing thousands of students annually with transformative arts-based experiences. So, grab your art supplies and let your imagination soar–together we can make a big impact, one teeny tiny artwork at a time.
Artwork Submissions Close: Sunday, January 28, 2024, 5:00pm
Sale Opens: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 6:00pm
This year, participating will have a bigger impact than ever before: Submitting a Teeny Tiny automatically qualifies the artwork for consideration to be included in a special Teeny Tiny fundraising auction, giving donors and buyers another opportunity to support arts education in a giant Teeny Tiny way.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK!
Artists and art enthusiasts of all ages are invited to submit artwork in almost any media for inclusion in OMA’s Teeny Tiny Art Mart. Artwork by novices, professionals, civic leaders, and local celebrities will be available for purchase at the accessible price of $25 each, with a twist—buyers will not know the identity of the artist until they purchase the artwork. Help us spread the word that art is for everyone!
GOOD TO KNOW
- Submissions are due by 5:00pm Sunday, January 28, 2024
- Artwork will be on display at OMA the week before the online sale opens
- The virtual sale starts at 6:00pm Sunday, February 18, 2024
- Buyers may pick up purchased artwork starting 11:00am, Wednesday, February 21
- Sale closes at 11:59pm Sunday, March 10, 2024
- Details about the accompanying Teeny Tiny auction, a link to the online sales platform, and further details to be announced
- Artwork must measure exactly 5 inches tall x 5 inches wide (no smaller and no larger), and no more than 1.5 inches deep.
- All submissions must be original works of art created and owned by the person making the submission.
- Although there is no submission limit, we’ve grown so big we’re getting more work than we can include! Not all submissions will be included in the initial sale. They will be retained for future Teeny Tiny sales
- Any and all media and art making processes are encouraged!
- Each tiny masterpiece will be sold for $25—with a twist—buyers will not know the identity of the artist, whether they are a novices, professional, civic leader, or local celebrities, until they purchase the artwork.
- Select Teeny Tinies will be handpicked by OMA staff for inclusion in a fundraising auction, further details to be announced.
- Artwork must not be signed on the front
- Artwork must be dry when submitted (no wet paint or glue)
- Artwork must not be overtly promotional
- Inclusion is at the discretion of OMA staff
- Any remaining unsold artwork may be sold through the Museum Store, included in future Teeny Tiny sales, or kept for other purposes
- Purchased artwork may be picked up from OMA during public open hours starting on Wednesday, February 21, 2024, at 11:00am
- If the buyer needs their artwork to be shipped, shipping costs will vary, starting at $10
Submissions are due by 5:00pm Sunday, January 28, 2023.
A completed submission form must accompany each artwork (one form per artwork) in order for the artwork to be considered for inclusion.
Please attach the printed and completed submission form to the back of the artwork so that the form is not visible when viewing the artwork from the front and so that the arrow at the top of the form points to the top of the artwork.
Do not glue or tape the tab that says “FOR OMA REFERENCE”. Staff will remove this tab prior to sale.
Artwork may be hand-delivered or mailed to:
Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way
Oceanside, CA, 92054
If hand delivering, please visit OMA during public hours:
TEENY TINY ART MART 2024
Come back to check details about the accompanying Teeny Tiny auction, a link to the online sales platform, and further details to be announced.
The virtual sale starts at 6:00pm Sunday, February 18, 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any substrate is acceptable, as long as the artwork is no more than 1.5 inches deep. Some ideas are thick paper, stretched canvas, unstretched canvas, wood, cardboard, photo paper, illustration board, etc. Please consider creating the artwork on a sturdy material so that it can stand on a shelf leaning against a wall. If the artwork is not sturdy enough to stand, OMA staff will mount it on a sturdy backing for the sale.
The artwork must be an exact 5 inch by 5 inch square.
Yes, the exterior dimensions of the finished submission, including any frame or mat, must be 5 inches by 5 inches.
All artwork submissions to OMA are by 5:00pm Sunday, January 28, 2024. If you need to make special arrangements, please click here to contact a staff member.
Please mail the finished teeny tiny artwork to the following address with the Teeny Tiny submission form attached.
Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way
Oceanside, CA, 92054
All artworks will be sold at an accessible price of $25 +tax. California requires that sales tax (8.25%) be collected for the sale of tangible items like artwork.
No, all artwork will be considered a donation to OMA.
Yes. The virtual sale of work will start at 6:00pm Sunday, February 18, 2024. A link to the sale and further details to be announced.
Yes. All artwork will be viewable in person at OMA and online the week leading up to the sale.
No. All artworks are available starting on Sunday, February 18, at 6:00pm.
Purchased artwork may be picked up from OMA during regular business hours starting on Wednesday, February 21, 2024. Hours are:
If the buyer needs their artwork to be shipped, shipping costs start at $10 and will vary. Please contact OMA Staff Member to make arrangements after your work is purchased.
No, the artwork will be eyes-only. In addition to protecting the fragility of artwork, part of the fun is keeping the artists’ identities secret until you buy it!
All artwork sales are final.
Yes, the state of California requires that sales tax (8.25%) be collected for the sale of tangible items like artwork.