TEENY TINY ART MART
Submissions Due: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Sale Opens: Sunday, December 5, 2021
The World’s Largest Teeny Tiny Art Mart Is Back
After last year’s epic display of creativity during a time when our community needed it most, OMA’s Teeny Tiny Art Mart is back, bigger and better than ever. Join the teeny tiny movement and create your very own miniature masterpiece for a great cause. All donated artwork will be for sale at the Teeny Tiny Art Mart with 100% of the proceeds helping to support OMA’s education initiatives that provide thousands of students annually with transformative arts-based experiences. So, grab your art supplies and let your imagination soar – together we can make a big impact, one teeny tiny artwork at a time.
Call For Submissions
Artists and art enthusiasts of all ages are invited to submit artwork in almost any media for inclusion in OMA’s Teeny Tiny Art Mart. Artwork by novices, professionals, civic leaders, and local celebrities will be available for purchase at prices accessible for anyone, with a twist - buyers will not know the identity of the artist until they purchase the artwork.
- Submissions are due by 5:00pm Thursday, November 18, 2021
- Artwork will be on display at OMA the week before the online sale opens.
- The virtual sale starts at 5:00pm Sunday, December 5, 2021
- Sale closes at 11:59pm Monday, December 20, 2021
- A link to the online sales platform and further details to be announced.
- Artwork must measure exactly 5 inches tall x 5 inches wide (no smaller and no larger), and no more than 1.5 inches deep
- All submissions must be original works of art created and owned by the person making the submission.
- There is no limit to the number of artworks each person may submit.
- Any and all media and art making processes are encouraged!
- Each tiny masterpiece will be sold for $25 (plus tax) —with a twist— buyers will not know the identity of the artist, whether they are a novices, professional, civic leader, or local celebrities, until they purchase the artwork.
Submissions are due by 5:00pm Thursday, November 18, 2021.
A completed submission form must accompany each artwork (one form per artwork) in order for the artwork to be considered for inclusion.
Please attach the printed and completed submission form to the back of the artwork so that the form is not visible when viewing the artwork from the front and so that the arrow at the top of the form points to the top of the artwork.
Do not glue or tape the tab that says “FOR OMA REFERENCE”. Staff will remove this tab prior to sale.
Artwork may be hand-delivered or mailed to:
Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way
Oceanside, CA, 92054
If hand delivering, please visit OMA during public hours:
Keep in Mind
- Artwork must not be signed on the front
- Artwork must be dry when submitted (no wet paint or glue)
- Artwork must not be overtly promotional
- Inclusion is at the discretion of OMA staff
- If artwork is not selected for inclusion, the artist will be contacted and the artwork will be made available at the front desk for pick up during regular public hours.
- Any remaining unsold artwork may be sold through the Museum Store
- Purchased artwork may be picked up from OMA during public open hours starting on Thursday, December 9, 2021.
- If the buyer needs their artwork to be shipped, shipping costs start at $10 and will vary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What material should artwork be made on?
Any substrate is acceptable, as long as the artwork is less than 1.5 inches deep. Some ideas are thick paper, stretched canvas, unstretched canvas, wood, cardboard, photo paper, illustration board, etc. Please consider creating the artwork on a sturdy material so that it can stand on a shelf leaning against a wall. If the artwork is not sturdy enough to stand, OMA staff will mount it on a sturdy backing for the sale.
- Does the artwork need to include hanging hardware or be ready to hang?
- What shape and size should my artwork be?
The artwork must be an exact 5 inch by 5 inch square.
- If my artwork is framed or matted, is that included in the 5 inch by 5 inch size restriction?
Yes, the exterior dimensions of the finished submission, including any frame or mat, must be 5 inches by 5 inches.
- How much will artwork sell for?
All artworks will be sold at an accessible price of $25.
- Can I have my artwork back if it doesn’t sell?
No, all artwork will be considered a donation to OMA.
- Is the sale entirely virtual?
Yes. The virtual sale of work will start at 5:00pm Sunday, December 5, 2021. A link to the sale and further details to be announced.
- Can I preview the artwork before the sale?
Yes. All artwork will be viewable in person at OMA and online the week leading up to the sale.
- If I see an artwork I really want, can I buy it during the preview?
No. All artworks are available starting on Sunday, December 5 at 5:00pm.
- I’d like to purchase artwork. How and when will I receive it?
Purchased artwork may be picked up from OMA during regular business hours starting on Thursday, December 9, 2021. Hours are:
If the buyer needs their artwork to be shipped, shipping costs start at $10 and will vary. Please contact Museum Store Manager Luciana Fernandes at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements after your work is purchased.
- Can I handle the artwork while it is on display at OMA?
No, the artwork will be eyes-only. In addition to protecting the fragility of artwork, part of the fun is keeping the artists’ identities secret until you buy it!
- Is artwork returnable?
All artwork sales are final.
- Will I need to pay sales tax?
Yes, the state of California requires that sales tax (8.25%) be collected for the sale of tangible items like artwork.
For questions, please click here to email an OMA representative
Scroll to below the "Keep in Mind" section for answers to some frequently asked questions.