TEENY TINY ART MART
Sunday, November 29, 2020
Submissions Due November 9, 2020
TINY ART WITH A BIG HEART
Art comes in all shapes and sizes—from eye-popping murals to pieces that fit in your pocket—and sometimes the teeniest art can make the biggest impact. Join a growing community of teeny tiny art makers and create your very own miniature masterpiece for a great cause. All donated artwork will be put up for sale at the Teeny Tiny Art Mart with 100% of the proceeds helping to support OMA’s ongoing education initiatives that provide thousands of students annually with transformative arts-based experiences. So, grab your tiny art supplies and start creating. The canvas may be small, but let your imagination soar!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
This is a call to all artists and art enthusiasts of any age. You are invited to submit artwork for inclusion in OMA’s Teeny Tiny Art Mart. This event and art sale will be held on Sunday, November 29, 2020 at OMA, continuing as a virtual sale for a week following the event. Artwork by novices, professionals, civic leaders, and local celebrities will be available for purchase at prices accessible for anyone—with a twist—buyers will not know the identity of the artist until they purchase the artwork.
These works will truly be teeny tiny. All artwork must measure exactly 5 inches tall x 5 inches wide (no smaller and no larger), and no more than 1.5 inches deep.
A completed submission form must accompany each artwork (one form per artwork) in order for the artwork to be considered for inclusion.
Please attach the printed and completed submission form to the back of the artwork in such a way that the form is not visible when viewing the artwork from the front and so that the top of the form is oriented to correspond with the top edge of the artwork.
Artwork may be hand-delivered or mailed to:
Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way
Oceanside, CA, 92054
If hand delivering, please visit OMA during public hours:
- Submissions Deadline: Friday, November 6, 2020, 5:00pm
- Teeny Tiny Art Mart at OMA: Sunday, November 29, 2020
- Teeny Tiny Art Mart online: Monday, November 30—Thursday, December 3
- Any remaining unsold artwork will be sold through the Museum Store at a reduced price
- Artwork dimensions: Exactly 5 inches tall x 5 inches wide (no smaller and no larger), no more than 1.5 inches deep
- Number of submissions allowed: Unlimited
- Media: All media encouraged! Including but not limited to acrylic paint, airbrush, appliqué, ballpoint pen, canvas, chalk, charcoal, collage, colored pencil, crayon, decoupage, doodle, dry pastels, fabric, fiber media, gouache, graphite, house paint, ink, lino print, marker, metal, needlepoint, oil paint, oil pastels, paper, pencil, photography, poetry, print, quilting, silkscreen, sketch, watercolor, woodblock, wood burning, writing, and more.
- Artwork must not be signed on the front
- A completed submission form must accompany each artwork (one form per artwork)
- All submissions must be original works of art created and owned by the person making the submission
- Artwork must not be overtly promotional
- Inclusion is at the discretion of OMA staff
- If artwork is not selected for inclusion, the artist will be contacted and made available at the front desk for pick up during regular public hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What material should artwork be made on?
Any substrate is acceptable, as long as the artwork is less than 1.5 inches deep. Some ideas are thick paper, stretched canvas, unstretched canvas, wood, cardboard, photo paper, illustration board, etc. Please consider creating the artwork on a sturdy material so that it can stand on a shelf leaning against a wall. If the artwork is not sturdy enough to stand, OMA staff will mount it on a sturdy backing for the sale.
- Does the artwork need to include hanging hardware or be ready to hang?
- What shape and size should my artwork be?
The artwork must be an exact 5 inch by 5 inch square.
- If my artwork is framed or matted, is that included in the 5 inch by 5 inch size restriction?
Yes, the exterior dimensions of the finished submission, including any frame or mat, must be 5 inches by 5 inches.
- How much will artwork sell for?
All artworks will be sold at the accessible price of $25.
- Can I have my artwork back if it doesn’t sell?
No, all artwork will be considered a donation to OMA.
- Is the sale entirely virtual?
No, the first day of the sale will be a socially-distanced, in-person event at OMA. The virtual sale of work will start the day after the event. All artwork will be viewable online the week leading up to the event.
For questions, please click here to email Katie Dolgov, OMA exhibitions manager and registrar.