Fall Art Mart
Deadline to Enter: Sunday, August 21, 2022
Event: September 17, 2022
This is a call to artists who are members of OMA Artist Alliance:
Artist Alliance members are invited to submit for the Fall Art Mart on the Terrace, a pop-up art market to take place on the front terrace of OMA. 10-12 artists will be selected to participate on each of the two days of the market. Submissions do not need to be of specific works that will be selected. Artwork submissions will be considered a representative portfolio of the artist’s work.
There is no theme for this event. Artists are encouraged to submit work that represents the height of their creativity and imagination, and is appealing to both casual and discerning buyers.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Email subject line: September Art Mart Submission
Body of the email (please do not include any additional information): 1) First name, last name, 2) Phone number, 3) Mailing address, 4) Website, 5) Social media handles
Images: Please attach 10-20 images of your work (files must be named "Last Name - Artwork Title"). You may send multiple emails if needed.
Artists must submit at least 10 and up to 20 images that represent the work they will have available for sale. Artwork submissions will be considered a representative portfolio of the artist’s work and do not need to be of specific works that will be selected. After uploading the desired number of images, click "next" until you reach the submit button.
If selected, artists will be responsible for paying $75 for their participation. This is all inclusive of tables, tents, grids, table coverings, and seating, which will be set up and ready for artists to arrange their work when they arrive.
There is no fee to submit to be considered for this event.
Artists must be current OMA member with the Artist Alliance affiliate membership. Artists who are not members of the OMA Artist Alliance but are interested in participating in this event must become members of OMA at any level with the Artist Alliance add-on affiliate membership before submitting artwork for consideration. Details on how to join can be found in this prospectus.
OMA Artist Alliance can be joined by one of the following methods:
- Online: Visit oma-online.org/membership. Choose any level of membership and then add Artist Alliance
- By phone: Call the OMA membership center at (760) 435-3724
- In person: Visit Oceanside Museum of Art at 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside CA (please check oma-online.org for public hours)
- Sunday, August 21, 2022, 11:59pm PST Deadline to enter
- On or before Monday, August 29, 2022 Notifications of selected artists
- Saturday, September 17, 2022, 11:00am-5:00pm Event takes place at OMA
- Set up will take place starting at 10:00am and break down will conclude by 6:00pm
- HIGHLY ENCOURAGED: The best selling works at past events have been small, lower-priced, and/or "impulse buy" type items (postcards, stickers, prints, jewelry, keychains, etc).
- Artwork must be available for sale.
- Artists are encouraged to submit a variety of sizes, but artwork larger than 60” in any dimension is discouraged
- Fine artwork and fine craftwork of any genre, style, or medium will be considered
- Prints/giclees are allowed
- Artwork may be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional
- Artwork may be in any media, technique, or style
60% of the proceeds of all sales to the artists, 40% to OMA.
OMA staff will process sales through OMA’s mobile payment devices. Checks will be cut for the artists in the week following the event.
If selected, you are encouraged to include small/lower priced items items such as prints, postcards, magnets, etc. that are appealing to the casual buyer, as well as original artworks.
Artists will be randomly assigned to a booth that is located either on the front terrace or in the lobby. Both booth types will include the furniture listed below, and the front terrace booths will include easy-up tents for shade. Each booth will host one artist.
- An Easy-Up tent to provide shade
- two six-foot tables
- two table coverings
- two chairs
- two 6' H x 2' W grids for hanging 2-dimensional or light-weight 3-dimensional works
Additional display furniture (such as easels) may be available upon request but is not guaranteed.
IMAGE REPRODUCTION CONDITIONS
By submitting images, the entrant warrants that they created each of the artworks submitted and that they possess all legal rights to them. The entrant agrees that all submitted images selected by the curator may be used for marketing and promotional purposes related to the exhibition. By providing the images and other information through this entry, the entrant gives permission for OMA to use images of accepted artwork for promotion, reference, printed materials, and online postings related to this exhibition as well as in future advertising. All images used by OMA will be credited to the artist. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
About OMA Artist Alliance
The Artist Alliance is an affiliate group of membership dedicated to the support of Oceanside Museum of Art. Artist Alliance provides opportunities for interaction, visibility, and growth for artists in the region.
The mission of Oceanside Museum of Art is bringing people together to explore the art and stories of Southern California artists. We aim to inspire the public through a diverse range of engaging exhibitions and programs that connect people with regional artists and art forms of the 20th and 21st centuries. OMA operates as a private, non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation.