Galleries Are Closed Temporarily
Museum Store Is OPEN!
Museum Galleries Temporarily Closed
Unfortunately, San Diego County has been moved to the Purple Tier due to the number of COVID-19 cases. This means that effective Saturday, November 14, OMA’s galleries are once again required to close temporarily. Stay connected and museum from home through our #VirtualOMA programming, including OMA Live (click here to watch)
The Pop-Up Museum Store Is Still Open In The Lobby
While the galleries are closed, the Pop-Up Museum Store is allowed to remain open in the lobby Thursday through Saturday 11:00am–5:00pm and Sunday 11:00am–4:00pm for your upcoming holiday and gift-giving needs. You can also stay connected and museum from home through our #VirtualOMA programming, including OMA Live (click here to watch).
EXPANDED SAFETY MEASURES
While visiting the Museum Store onsite at OMA, we want everyone to stay healthy.
- Everyone entering the museum is required to wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth at all times. This includes the entire OMA team, volunteers, members, and visitors.
- A touchless temperature check is required before entry. Anyone with a fever will not be allowed.
- Sanitizing your hands upon entry is required.
- If you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been ill or traveled in the last two weeks, please plan your visit for another time.
- Everyone should maintain a minimum of six feet of social distancing at all times throughout their visit.
- OMA is cashless. Please plan to use your debit or credit card for any transactions.
- Safety measures have been added including hand sanitizer stations and social distancing reminders located throughout the museum and a plexiglass shield in place at the front desk.
- Water fountains are not available.
- Public restroom access is not available.
- OMA staff will periodically sanitize high volume touchpoints several times throughout the day.
- Even with diligent efforts and added safety precautions, the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in public spaces where other people are present. OMA cannot guarantee that anyone who visits the museum will not be exposed to COVID-19. As with any excursion outside your home into a public space, you voluntarily assume all potential risks related to exposure to COVID-19 during your visit to OMA.
Since you can’t visit the galleries in person right now, get a peek at the exhibitions and what's happening behind the scenes at OMA, click here to watch the recording of OMA Live: Renewed, Refreshed, Reopened.