Project Submission Deadline: Friday, April 24, 5:00pm
In association with OMA’s Sidewalk Activism exhibition, the Neighborhood PhilathroFEAST is a community pop-up dinner designed to support Oceanside’s next wave of local changemakers. Dinner guests will enjoy a meal provided by O’side Kitchen Collaborative and experience presentations by three members of the community selected to share their creative ideas that range from art, social justice, education, and more. Everyone gets a vote for the project they believe will create a wave of change in Oceanside. At the end of the night, all the votes will be counted and the winner will go home with the collective pot of funds to carry out their project.
Deadline to submit is Friday, April 24 at 5:00pm
Fund your Oceanside community project with support from your neighbors. Grassroots projects in all disciplines will be accepted (social service, cultural, arts, etc.). For example you may:
- Use seed money to help support your vision for a community garden.
- Build a mobile trailer to help provide showers for the homeless or to use as laundromat on wheels.
- Start a drop-in arts program for Oceanside’s most vulnerable youth.
Both new and existing projects are eligible but must be both creative in their design and focused on addressing a need that exists within the Oceanside community.
To submit an idea, complete a very short online application.
- Your idea can be about anything.
- Keep it short, quick, and to the point.
- All ideas must support an Oceanside-based project, or a project being implemented in Oceanside. However, you do not need to be a resident to submit an idea.
- There is no age requirement to submit an idea. However, if you are under the age of 18 you will need to include contact information for a parent/guardian/teacher when completing the application.
- Speak from the heart. Technology will not be used at the event for project pitches (such as PowerPoint or a projector) so remember that good storytelling is the best way to talk about your idea.
If you submit a proposal, you are committing to be available on Tuesday, June 16 to make a presentation at the Neighborhood PhilanthroFEAST. If you know now that you cannot attend the event, do not submit an application.
You will be notified no later than Monday, May 18 if your project idea is or is not selected to be presented at the event.
Questions? Click here to mail Adam and he’ll get back to you with answers!
Date To Be Scheduled Later This Year
Join OMA for a community pop-up dinner and be part of the next wave of local changemakers. This family-style feast will bring people together to eat, talk, share resources, and to crowdfund a creative project that will better the Oceanside community. Each attendee will get to vote on the project they think will have the most impact.
The Neighborhood PhilanthroFEAST is a community dinner funding micro-grants for projects in Oceanside. It is offered by Oceanside Museum of Art in partnership with O’side Kitchen Collaborative, MainStreet Oceanside, and the Oceanside California Cultural District.
Deadline to submit is April 24 at 5:00pm.