Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is looking for an enthusiastic, creative strategist to join our team as the Marketing Manager.
Brief Overview: OMA is an exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment! The Marketing Manager will be the champion and guardian of OMA’s brand: expanding our audience to grow engagement, membership and support. The ideal candidate is a true creative with great work ethic, team spirit, and excellent storytelling abilities. Demonstrated success in planning and conducting marketing and branded communications campaigns is a must. Ideally, this person would have knowledge of national arts and audience trends which can be reported through excellent research, writing, and organizational skills.
This position reports to the Executive Director while managing the Communications Specialist (social media expert) and OMA’s relationship with our Public Relations agency.
Goals for the Position:
- Raise brand awareness – make sure OMA is “seen”;
- Protect and enhance the OMA brand:
- Increase museum membership;
- Attract more visitors.
Strategy and Creative:
- Set Marketing strategy that is articulated for each project with a written timeline and budget;
- Create, oversee, and execute marketing campaigns working closely with PR agency and Communications Specialist (social media expert);
- Website management (WordPress);
- Fluent in Adobe Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop;
- Copywriting and content management;
- Copy editing and proofing written materials.
Management and Relationships:
- Manage public relations agency and external communications;
- Work with Communications Specialist to create social media plans;
- Manage internal communications;
- Source and work with graphic designer/s;
- Manage the design and copy of promotional materials (i.e. Eblasts, brochures, website, etc.) for ongoing programs and special events;
- Collaborate with other OMA departments to support ongoing programs, exhibitions, and initiatives.
- Visitor, member, and potential member and market trends analysis;
- Track effectiveness of marketing campaigns by reporting findings to the Executive Director;
- Provide monthly marketing reports to Executive Director that also include a future snapshot.
- Look after Marketing budget always checking ROI;
- Set Marketing budget as part of strategy that is articulated for each project with a written timeline.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess extraordinary energy, drive, and vision. Experience within the cultural sector, specifically modern and contemporary visual arts is highly desirable, as is a vested interest and history of success using alternative and online approaches to marketing—web-based promotions, social media, relational marketing, and developing innovative partnerships to implement collaborative efforts.
- Experience working with WordPress, CRM systems (Altru preferred), image management systems, and MS Office skills;
- Creative thinker who is resourceful and takes initiative;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously;
- Office managerial skills with attention to detail;
- Strong communicator; possess a friendly and approachable manner with the ability to interact with staff, board of directors, donors, and members coupled with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
Since 1997 OMA has served as an anchor and catalyst for change in North County San Diego by serving as the premier art venue along the cultural corridor between Los Angeles, San Diego and Tijuana. OMA’s exhibitions showcase artists’ works, presenting innovative and dynamic exhibitions of significant local and regional art. The museum’s galleries are redesigned for each exhibition, surprising visitors with a fresh, exciting visual transformation for every new installation.
Job Type: Flexible work week
Salary: Salaried based on experience
Required education: Minimum BFA or equivalent
Preferred: Knowledge and interest in the arts
Schedule: Able to work extended hours as needed to achieve business objectives with leadership advance approval.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. The Company reserves the right to change position or position scope at any time at its sole discretion.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.